Embossed business cards have a striking and bold 3- dimensional look & feel. Press embossing can only be applied to one side of the cards (recommended for single sided designs), Embossing applied to a printed image or only over the paper.
Delivery Estimate: 7-10 working days from approved artwrok.
Additional options added to product may extend this time, Allow an extra 2-3 working days for an option.
Document Trim Size (final size after being cut) Horizontal Vertical 3.54“ x 2.13" 2.13" x 3.54 90mm x 54mm 54mm x 90mm
1063 x 638pixels 638 x 1063pixels
Full Bleed Size (starting document size)
3.62" x 2.20" 2.20" x 3.62"
92mm x 56mm 56mm x 92.00mm
1087 x 661pixels 661 x 1087pixels
* Finished artwork should use the full bleed dimensions for best results.
* Please be sure to keep all text within the safe margin.
Embossed business cards, printed full color on 300gsm artboard, have a striking and bold 3- dimensional look & feel and are the executive and classy business card. The Embossed shape at one side looks sunk on the other side.
Add a ‘third dimension’ to your card!
Embossed business cards have a striking and bold 3- dimensional look & feel. The surface of the paper is raised by pressing from the reverse side of the paper, which add a touch of class and texture for grabbing attention and leave a deep impression.
Detail: Estimated production time: 2 business days (*should be added to overall printing production time.) Applicable side: Press embossing can only be applied to one side of the cards
(recommended for single sided designs) Maximum size : 1.57"X0.79"/ 40mmX20mm Type: Blind Press Embossing or Ink Embossing
Blind Press Embossing: embossing only over the paper. An embossed image that is not stamped over a printed image, not foil stamped, and the resulting raised image is the same color as the paper is blind embossing. Ink Embossing: print with ink first and embossing applied over. Embossing applied to a printed image. It refers to embossing over ink.
Please note: for the technical limitation during the embossing process, there is a unavoidable offsetting (up to 1mm) to any direction from your design. So we don't reccomend to do ink embossing on small text and thin lines, just a little shifting will cause the embossing can't sit on the text at all and ruin your design. And 7daysprint will not be liable for the reasonable offsetting.
For the file preparation of the Embossing area on the business cards, you need to submit extra documents as below (file 01,file02 , file03). JPG file is not acceptable, Vector Graphic Files is preferrd- vector-based images can be scaled by any amount without degrading quality. Usually supplied in PDF, AI, EPS or CDR formats. Colours set to CMYK, All images in your artwork are 300dpi when placed at 100%, All fonts are outlined (converted to curves) or embedded.Example for embossing: do embossing on the logo.
* Or you can supply us just a file (AI, PDF, PSD, CDR format is prefered) setting all the files below on separate graphic layers.
Before submitting your artwork, please check that: 1. The preferred format is vector graphic files. Usually suppies in PDF, AI,EPS OR CDR formats.
2. Your artwork is the correct size. Artwork to be 1-up on a single page document. 3. Bleed is set to exact 1mm
4. The document colour mode set to CMYK
5. All Rich Black are set to C = 40%, M = 0%, Y = 0%, K = 100%.
6. All fonts are outlined (converted to curves) or embedded.
7. All links are embedded.
8. All lines in your artwork are at least 0.3pt and all text should be at least 8pt using a non narrow style font. 9. All borders in your artwork are at least 5mm wide.
10. All images in your artwork are 300dpi when placed at 100%.
Please Note: 1. If two sides are selected, your artwork should contain a design for both sides.
2. Also if possible, please provide crop marks around the artwork.
3. Colours may appear darker when Matt Lamination is applied.
4. We print in CMYK and not RGB. Supplying artwork in RGB will effect the final colour.
5. If business cards are ordered with any additonal option, a PDF proof will always be sent to the customer. This must be approved before the job can be printed. If not approved in time, the order may be delayed.
1. What is Embossing Business Cards? Embossing offers a unique look that stands out amongst the competition. To highlight your company name and logo for a strong first impression, just make it embossed！Create raised text or pattern and make your business cards feel simple and elegant.
2. Where to Add Embossing to Your Card?
The best place to add embossing to your business cards is the logo. Most logos are designed to be eye-catching, so embellishing them with embossing is a natural fit. You could also apply embossing to the company or contact details, which produces a pseudo raised-letter effect and is extremely cool looking.
3.Can the Embossing be done on any area of your business cards? For the technical limitation during the embossing process, there is a unavoidable offsetting (up to 1mm) to any direction from your design. So we don't reccomend to do ink embossing on small text and thin lines, just a little shifting will cause the embossing can't sit on the text at all and ruin your design. And 7daysprint will not be liable for the reasonable offsetting.
4. Why the foil colour on the final cards looks different with the colour in the artwork I supplied? Foil Accent is the process of stamping a shiny, thin metal die onto printed card stock. Do't like full colour printing, the foil colour is supplied physically and can't be customized. So you can't require the foil to match a color in your design. We strongly suggest you can require our sample cards to see the if the foil colour we made can meet your needs before you place an order.
5. Do you give a quality guarantee on your work? 7daysprint stands behind the quality of its products and services. If you are not satisfied with your purchase from us, simply contact Customer Service by email within 15 days from the date you receive it (or the date it was scheduled to arrive), and we will reprint part or all of your order. In some cases, we may refund the full price of the product(s) in question, excluding shipping, postage. 7daysprint is committed to customer satisfaction, and we do everything possible to ensure proper cutting, accurate color reproduction, and excellent printing quality. However, certain circumstances are beyond our control and are not covered by this guarantee. Please check the Term and Conditions page to note that we cannot be responsible for.
6. Can we split our order for 500 into 2 names of 250 cards? Yes, we can split up into 250 cards for one design, 250 for another name. But Extra Split fee will be charged for the spliting order. You can contact us with Email us at email@example.com and enquire direct with our bespoke printing expert. We will give you a quote there.
7. How do I know if my Order has been Dispatched yet? It is very easy to find your order. To view the details and status of your order, you may log in anytime after placing your order. Listed below are four different status codes for our workflow. -In prepress. We check file availability. If you did not meet artwork requirement, we ask you to revise file and send us by email. --Ready to print. If your artwork is fine to print, our prepress department is preparing your job for print.
When your order is dispatched, it will show as ‘shipped’ which is just after the dispatch process. The serial number of any post bag or con note is displayed in the details section. And you can require us to send the tracking number via email.
8. Can you print the colour as same as that in my design?
At Boostprint we take pride in matching colours to our clients CMYK proofs. however the following terms and conditions apply.
1. Print colour may vary from print run to print run and/or from job to job or from front to back.
2. Boostprint will reproduce colour from digital files as closely as
possible, but may not exactly match colour and density due to limitations in the proofing and printing process, as well as neighbouring image ink requirements.
3. A reasonable variation in colour between original materials, proofs and the completed order, will be considered acceptable print quality.
4. It is important to note the technical limitations of screen, digital and offset printing processes.
5. Where CMYK designs are used, a higher degree of colour variation is normal. While every effort is made to reproduce the colours on chemical and professional digital proofs Boostprint Pty Ltd shall not be liable to reprint or otherwise compensate the client for a commercially acceptable variation in colour when comparing the proof to the final product, the disc to paper parts, or throughout a printed batch of products.
6. Acceptable variations may be up to 10% of selected CMYK colour values, Colour Matching and Proofing Process.
At BoostPrint you should only expect high quality business cards that are cost-effective. Still looking for answers? Please read our Frequently Asked Questions page for more commonly asked questions.